Title: Corporate Paralegal
FLSA Status: Full-time/non-exempt
Charter School Capital is seeking a well-qualified individual for our full-time Corporate Paralegal
opening. This Individual must be an experienced, high-performing generalist to handle a wide variety of
matters in a busy corporate legal department by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Corporate Governance. Maintain corporate law subject matter expertise and support all aspects of corporate governance for the company and its subsidiaries, including creating and dissolving companies, drafting organizational documents and resolutions, preparing board and shareholder notices and meeting materials, maintaining minute books and shareholder records, and handling all corporate licensing and regulatory filings.
- Compliance and Recordkeeping. Create and maintain systems to ensure timely legal, contractual, and regulatory compliance and reporting, including tracking deadlines, maintaining corporate and regulatory filings, drafting and filing compliance documents, and maintain reporting calendars and litigation dockets.
- Legal Drafting. Review, analyze, and prepare initial drafts of legal documents, such as vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, loan documents, resolutions and consents, legal notices, and pleadings.
- Transactional Work. Assist lawyers in all stages of transactions, including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing contracts and ancillary documents, drafting resolutions, certificates, and closing checklists, managing closings, and ensuring post-closing compliance with agreements.
- Legal Department Administration. Create and maintain systems for the administration of the legal department, including recordkeeping systems, deadline management, and investor compliance and reporting; manage legal budget and analyze legal bills, and perform administrative and clerical tasks.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Supports the day-to-day needs of the legal department.
- Implements and maintains systems for the efficient and effective administration of the legal department.
- Supports all aspects of corporate governance and legal compliance for the company.
- Assists lawyers in all stages of business transactions from inception through closing.
- Analyzes facts, information, and procedures to enable problem-solving; spots legal issues; formulates logical and objective conclusions, and recognizes alternatives and implications.
- Sets priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and prioritizes assignments to complete work on time.
- Interfaces with executives, outside counsel, and investors.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills and Attributes:
- Corporate governance expertise and ability to draft resolutions and maintain minute books
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to independently manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities, and deadlines with minimal daily supervision.
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment and follows through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and experience working with SalesForce and working with Macintosh computers is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, research, and drafting skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker, quick learner, resourceful, and have an excellent work ethic.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Conscientious with excellent attention to detail and ability to perform with accuracy under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and 5+ years relevant experience in a corporate paralegal position with a national company or firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have considerable working knowledge of corporate organizations, including governance and compliance principles and corporate procedures.
- Must have solid transactional experience.
- Experience with financial or commercial real estate transactions, or within those industries, is a plus.
Who we are:
Charter School Capital provides growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide. Our mission is to give school leaders access to the resources necessary for schools and their students to thrive. Charter School Capital is the innovative spirit that empowers charter schools. We are a trusted leader in the charter school industry with the expertise that helps schools build a bridge to financial success. Charter School Capital is dedicated to building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
If you share our belief that every aspect of your work can lead to a positive outcome – this role will provide personal fulfillment and invaluable legal experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We offer paid time off benefits, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and 401(k) with a company match. In addition to our benefits package, we also offer pre-tax parking options, a yoga room for employee use, and bike storage.
Charter School Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.