The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects associated with the company’s conference, tradeshow and event needs including, but not limited to, delivery of sponsorship entitlements, vendor management, onsite coordination, travel logistics, and estimating and working within budgets. Additional responsibilities include promoting and marketing our conferences and events, writing supporting content for our blog and social channels, posting on social channels to support the team and drafting other assigned content. Interested? Send your resume and a simple cover letter to email@example.com.
- Manages all events successfully, from people, presentations, and processes to budgets.
- Maintains and reviews all conferences, trade show and event estimates, invoices and submits to Accounts Payable.
- Keeps forward-looking events calendar, works with Marketing and Client Services teams to secure booth staff and presentations.
- Manage Association memberships and tracking.
- Tracks all collateral, giveaways and manages reordering as necessary.
- Orders and maintains all business assets, including business cards, letterhead, thank you cards and new-hire onboarding material.
- Supports company social media and blog posts when needed.
- Supports other administrative duties for the Marketing team as-needed.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills, including clear and professional communication, in addition to successful experience in handling conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrates willingness to accept critical feedback on your work product and flexibility. Adapts well to change.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employees or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Coordinates all logistics related to conference and events needs including exhibiting details, booth setup/tear-down, signage, hotel reservations, and sponsorship deliverables with conference management companies and vendors
- One to two years relevant experience in B2B conference, tradeshow coordination, corporate project management. Similar experience at a marketing agency is acceptable.
- Experience working at a growth stage company is a plus.
- Experience with a variety of social media tools and platforms, with experience in GoToMeeting and ZOOM a plus.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build rapport, influence and deepen relationships with key school stakeholders, internal resources, and especially with the Client Services team.
- Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret marketing data, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal stakeholders, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write email copy, reports, presentations, speeches, articles for publication and other business documentation that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Strong ability to develop and manage budgets. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to predict results based on past performance.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills required. Social media and meeting platform experience required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Google Analytics Certification is to be completed within the first nine months of the position.
The position requires performing sedentary to light work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force and lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects for oneself, providing objects to others and occasional stooping, crouching, reaching, and grasping. Sitting and standing for up to 60+ minutes at a time are required.
The position encounters regular and standard professional office details, which include but not limited to operating standard office machinery including a computer, photocopy machine and cell phone (not an exhaustive list). Regular travel may be required. Ability to legally operate an automobile is also required.