Charter School Capital is seeking an experienced, high-performing Operations Project Manager to manage cross-functional projects through to successful completion with a focus on projects related to Charter School Capital’s real estate business including acquisitions and dispositions. The Operations Project Manager will organize, coordinate and direct team engagement on facilities acquisitions and dispositions which further Charter School Capital’s strategic vision. This position will also manage cross-functional teams and projects using excellent communication skills to ensure that timelines, stakeholder expectations, and budgets are on track. This position will drive continuous process improvement (directly and indirectly) against Charter School Capital’s system of production and corporate processes. Position reports to the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Manage and coordinate real estate transactions from origination through funding, including the processes of contracting, escrow, diligence, debt, and equity.
- Design, manage and maintain various operational processes towards an actionable outcome (e.g., minimizing cycle-time, maximizing client satisfaction, minimizing cost).
- Build and manage projects including identifying key milestones, resourcing the project with cross-functional resources and kicking/off managing projects.
- Reviews projects to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with project teams to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Lead standard production meetings towards production goals.
- Creates accurate and detailed operational reporting.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Must be timeline and detailed focused.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five year(s) related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in project management is required.
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Salesforce and real estate is a plus.
Who we are:
Charter School Capital provides growth capital and facilities financing to charter schools nationwide. Our mission is to give school leaders access to the resources necessary for schools and their students to thrive. Charter School Capital is the innovative spirit that empowers charter schools. We are a trusted leader in the charter school industry with the expertise that helps schools build a bridge to financial success. Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
What we offer you:
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, short term disability, and 401(k) with a company match. In addition to our benefits package, we also offer pre-tax parking options, a yoga room for employee use, and bike storage.
Charter School Capital is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you share our belief that every aspect of your work can lead to a positive outcome – this role will provide personal fulfillment and invaluable experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.