Charter School Capital is seeking a Staff Accountant that is responsible for day-to-day recording of transactions/journal entries, preparing monthly schedules and supporting month end close process for Charter School Capital and its Subsidiaries (CSC) and for the companies CSC provides accounting services for. They are also responsible for accounting of the company’s fixed assets.
- Tracks and records daily activity in general ledger.
- Tracks and maintains the company’s fixed asset records.
- Prepares journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assists with monthly close process.
- Reviews reconciliations of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Inspects accounting books for efficiency and accuracy.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Ensures accounting support/backup is properly maintained and organized.
- Meets processing and reporting deadlines.
- Records fixed assets by creating and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls.
- Recommends any updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets to management.
- Records in the accounting system newly acquired fixed and intangible assets and those assets that are disposed of.
- Tracks, compiles, and records project costs in fixed asset accounts; closes out the accounts at the completion of the projects.
- Performs reconciliation of fixed and intangible asset subsidiary ledger balances with summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Performs revision and update on the detailed schedule of accumulated depreciation and fixed assets.
- Executes periodic reviews on fixed and intangible assets for impairment.
- Recommends to management fixed assets that should be disposed of.
- Create fixed asset related audit analyses, schedules, and collaborate with auditors on their assignments.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares property tax returns for CSC and related entities.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal controls.
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned from time to time.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience working with SalesForce and Netsuite strongly preferred.
- Must be a strategic thinker, quick learner, resourceful and have an excellent work ethic.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Conscientious with excellent attention to detail and ability to perform with accuracy underpressure.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to independently manage a demanding workloadinvolving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with minimal daily supervision.
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment and follows throughon assignments with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- At least one year of related experience and/or training in Public Accounting or Financial Services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We have a dynamic company culture and a fun workforce. We offer paid time off benefits, a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Charter School Capital is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to our mission and values and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.